The slideshow below, documents the condition of the Peery Apartments on Dec. 3, 2009, after Kier returned possession of the building to me.
Click Here to View the Pictures Individually
- When I bought the building in 2005, there wasn't one broken screen or window in the entire building.
- When Kier turned it over to me in 2009, there were few windows or screens in the building that WERE NOT broken. (33 windows and 47 screens broken or missing)
- When Kier returned possession, the entire building was infested with bed-bugs and roaches, despite charging me for a service contract with Bee-Line Pest Control
- The units were filthy and most were beyond cleaning, despite a lease provision requiring the tenants to keep their units clean, that Kier obviously failed to enforce.
- Five units had unauthorized persons living in them. One unit had three O13 gang members living in it, and two were blatantly selling drugs from their units.
- One tenant had a pit-bull / phony assistance animal that was systematically chewing its way through the 100 year old woodwork. The dog wasn't even the same dog the tenant was permitted to keep.