Evidently, the City of Ogden, Utah has what they must jokingly refer to as their,
Good Landlord Program.
Below is just a partial list of the fine land-lording techniques that Kier Property Management routinely employed in the day to day operation, management and maintenance of my property.... which apparently qualifies Kier to be labeled as a Member in Good Standing of: Ogden City's, Good Landlord Program.
- Ignoring tenant requests for service or maintenance;
- Poorly maintaining the property;
- Permitting households to have unauthorized occupants;
- Permitting a suspected prostitute to reside on the property, for 18 years;
- Processing ineligible households for housing assistance payments;
- Failure to keep the Housing Authority properly informed;
- Committing fraud against HUD;
- Constant threatening and intimidation of the tenants;
- Failing to properly screen prospective tenants;
- Enabling tenant abuse of the Utah Fair Housing Act;
- Improperly and inadequately maintaining tenant files;
- Allowing repairs to go unattended to for months at a time;
- Conspiring with the OHA to get sub-standard units approved by HUD;
- Permitting the building infrastructure to fall into serious disrepair;
- Making improper or illegal repairs;
- Making repairs that endanger the resident's lives;
- Failing to keep the owner of a property adequately informed;
- Failing to notify the owner of crimes on the property; (i.e. murder & rape)
- Failing to adequately secure the property;
- Misappropriation of funds;
- Permitting the boiler inspection and permit to lapse for 2 years;
- Charging the owner for pest control services that were never done;
- Contracting tradesmen and willfully failing to pay for their services;
- Maintaining a serious and potentially deadly health hazard on the property;
- Failing to do ANY preventative maintenance on the property;
- Total lack of of building and tenant supervision...
Now, I'm fairly sure that if you checked the list above, against the basic rules of the Good Landlord Program, you would find that MOST if not ALL of the items listed, would not only violate program rules, but would have most certainly qualified Kier to be listed under the heading of:
THE FOLLOWING IS OGDEN CITY'S QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE
THAT IS, IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE KIER CORPORATION
- ONE OF YOUR TENANTS IS VIOLENTLY RAPED IN HER UNIT AND YOU DO NOTHING TO ADDRESS IT;
- YOU MAKE ILLEGAL, DANGEROUS OR IMPROPER REPAIRS AT YOUR PROPERTY;
- YOU PERMIT YOUR TENANTS TO DAMAGE OR DESTROY YOUR PROPERTY;
- YOU PERMIT YOUR RESIDENTS TO LIVE LIKE PIGS WHILE TRASHING YOUR PROPERTY;
- YOU ARE OBLIVIOUS TO THE BLATANT DRUG AND GANG ACTIVITY ON YOUR PROPERTY;
- YOU KEEP YOUR PROPERTY IN THE SAME FILTHY CONDITION YOUR TENANTS DO...
MY PROPERTY UNDER, FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS
THEY ARE MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING OF:
Once Ogden City and program director, Mark Johnson have recovered the funds that were wrongfully
credited to Kier, for all of the ineligible discounts that Kier received under this program,
(as clearly and irrefutably evidenced above)
Mr. Johnson can apply those recovered funds to my building's licensing fees,
which should keep me covered for at least the next decade or so...
ACCORDING TO OGDEN CITY'S OWN WEBSITE ON BUSINESS LICENSING:
Are they out of state?
OTHERS SEE THROUGH THIS SHAM ALSO:
It was written by a young mother who was denied housing in Ogden
due to the discriminatory rules of this ridiculous Ogden City program...
Below, is a letter that I wrote in response to the letter above, extending an
invitation to this young mother to come and apply for housing at my building,
where this crap WILL NOT be an issue for me OR for her.
If you screw up once...
You're branded for life
I don't think I care to be associated with a
City backed program, that rewards its members for their gross negligence and mismanagement of
the properties they operate while requiring
them to participate in bigotry and