On August 16, 2011: I received the following letter from Kier's attorney, stating that an "error" had been made in Statement's of Personal Property submitted to the Weber County Tax Assessor's Office, with regard to valuation, along with a check in the amount of $14.34, refunding the amount of the "over payment".
Error, my eye.
- Kier reported the acquisition date of this personal property to the Weber County Tax Assessor as 2008;
- Kier reported this information to the Weber County Assessor in 2008 and 2009;
- The Wal-mart receipt above, shows a purchase date of February 8, 2011;
- Kier reported the purchase price of this personal property to the Assessor as $277 for 2-consecutive years;
- The purchase price shown on the Wal-Mart receipt is $54.92.
- Kier's attorney tried to amend the purchase price to coincide with the Wal-Mart receipt.